Company: Siemens Limited
Siemens PLM Software is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realize innovation by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support.
The Siemens Group in India has emerged as a leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure and Cities. The Group’s business is represented by various companies that span across these various segments.
Positions: Technical Documentation Specialist
Salary: As per Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 2 – 3 Years
Education: BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ MCA
Creating and authoring various types of user documentation including online helps, user manuals, configuration manuals, product information, getting started manual, installation guides or instructions
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Usage of product specific terminology in manuals
- Authoring tasks, creation, and integration of printed or electronic end user documentation
- Use screenshots, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase the user’s understanding
- Standardize content across platforms, media, and write supporting documents for products
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Knowledge of any Content Management System which is based on single sourcing concept and content reuse
- Basic technical writing, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic experience in creating and editing images using image editing software.
- Familiarity with DDLC is preferable
- Working knowledge of any Content Management System
- Ability to work as Individual Contributor
- Knowledge of single sourcing concepts will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with any XML editor