Company: Siemens Limited
Siemens PLM Software is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realize innovation by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support.
The Siemens Group in India has emerged as a leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure and Cities. The Group’s business is represented by various companies that span across these various segments.
Positions: Project Engineer (Centrifugal Compressors) – Entry Level
Salary: As per Industry
Job Location: Pune
Experience: Approximately 2 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with background of Centrifugal Compressors
Education: BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with focus on Turbomachinery/ Fluid power Engineering/ Thermal Engineering etc.
Job Description: As part of the Gas Turbine Engineering project management office, the candidate is expected to provide global project management for planning, execution and monitoring of R&D projects/programs.
- Review all contract specifications and ensure requirements are communicated, understood, and incorporated by other engineering/manufacturing disciplines and appropriate sub-vendors.
- Develop and maintain applicable technical specifications (templates) for associated drive train equipment (as assigned).
- Coordinate all interfaces between Engineering Departments / Customer and Engineering Departments / Vendor(s).
- Effectively monitor data/drafting schedules and communicate any potential impact to cost, cash flow or delivery to Project Managers or Senior Project Engineers.
- Assist in preparation of engineering presentation for contract coordination meetings, including specifications, discussion of requirements, scope of equipment supply, equipment arrangement, options offered, and drawing/documentation schedules.
- Prepare timely drive train and selected ancillaries equipment technical purchase specifications for major buyouts, and assist Purchasing in vendor selection, if required.
- Assist Senior Engineers/Managers in completing Project Engineering activities like Job file Creation, ITP preparation, Data sheets, Performance curves, Alignment charts etc.
- Review major buyout vendor drawings for compliance with contract requirements. Approve as applicable and return to vendor in accordance with schedule.
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to Job File, Contract Check, devadds and Purchase Technical Specifications.
- Assist Manufacturing on technical questions (as required).
- Assist Region Sales in marketing effort on an assigned basis.