Company: Food Corporation of India (FCI)
The Food Corporation of India is an organization created and run by the Government of India. The Food Corporation of India (FCI) was set up on 14th January 1965 having its first District Office at Thanjavur – rice bowl of Tamil Nadu – and headquarters at Chennai (The Headquarters later shifted to Delhi) under the Food Corporations Act 1964.
It is one of the largest corporations in India and probably the largest supply chain management in Asia (Second in the world ). It operates through 05 Zonal offices and 24 Regional offices.
Positions: Junior Engineer/ Steno/ Assistant
Total Vacancies: 4103
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – 117 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) – 72 Posts
- Steno Grade-II – 76 Posts
- Assistant Gr-II (Hindi) – 45 Posts
- Typist (Hindi) – 39 Posts
- Assistant Gr-III (General) – 757 Posts
- Assistant Gr-III (Accounts) – 509 Posts
- Assistant Gr-III (Technical) – 720 Posts
- Assistant Gr-III (Depot) – 1771 Posts
Experience: 0 – 1 Years
Job Location: Across India
- Junior Engineer: Rs.11,100-29,950/- PM
- Steno Grade-II/Assistant Gr-II: Rs.9,900-25,530/- PM
- Typist/Assistant Gr-III: Rs.9,300-22,940/- PM
Junior Engineer (Civil):
- A Degree in Civil Engineering or
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with one year experience.
Junior Engineer (Electrical/ Mechanical):
- Degree in Electrical Engineering Or Mechanical Engineering or
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Or Mechanical Engineering with one year experience in the case of Diploma holders only.
Steno. Grade- II:
- Graduate along with O‘ level qualification of DOEACC and speed of 40 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. in typing and shorthand respectively or
- Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Application with speed of 40 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. in typing and shorthand respectively.
- Degree of a recognized University with Hindi as the main subject.
- Proficiency in English.
- One year experience of translation from English to Hindi and vice versa.
- Graduation or equivalent.
- 30 W.P.M speed in Hindi Typing.
- Preference will be given to the candidates knowing bilingual typing (English and Hindi) and Computer knowledge.
Assistant (General): Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with
proficiency in use of computers.
Assistant (Accounts): Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized University with proficiency in use of computers.
- B.Sc. in Agriculture from a recognized University. Or
- B.Sc. with any of the following subject from a recognized University: Botany / Zoology / Bio-Technology / Bio-Chemistry / Microbiology / Food Science. Or
- B. Tech / BE in Food Science / Food Science and Technology /Agricultural Engineering / Bio-Technology from a recognized University / an institution approved by AICTE.
- Proficiency in use of computers.
Assistant (Depot): Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with proficiency in use of computers.
- Junior Engineer/Assistant (Hindi): Below 28 years
- Steno Grade-II/Typist: Below 25 years
- Assistant Gr-III: Below 27 years
Relaxations in upper Age Limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
- The selection process of FCI Recruitment will be based on written examination.
- The online test will comprise of Phase-I and Phase-II exams.
- The marks obtained in Phase-I will not be reckoned in final merit ranking.
- For Steno/Typist Posts, The final merit will be decided on the basis of marks secured in written test, subject to qualifying the Skill Test.
- The Online test and skill test (wherever applicable) shall be followed by document verification.
Scheme of Examination – Phase-I:
|Subject ||No. of Qns & Marks ||Duration (Minutes) |
|English Language ||30 ||20 |
|Reasoning Ability ||35 ||20 |
|Numerical Aptitude ||35 ||20 |
|Total ||100 ||60 min |
Application Fee: of Rs. 500/- (No fee for SC / ST / PwBD / Serving Defence Personnel / Ex-Serviceman and Women candidates)
Mode of Payment: Online mode using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, UPI.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online from 23rd February 2019 to 25th March 2019.