What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL Recruitment 2018: Important Dates
As per SSC CGL notification 2018, check the list of SSC CGL 2018 exam dates below for Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3 exam.
|SSC CGL Notification 2018||5th May 2018|
|Commencement of Online Application||5th May 2018|
|Last date to Apply for SSC CGL 2018||4th June 2018|
|SSC CGL Application Status 2018||24th Sep 2018|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2018 Tier 1||Postponed|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date||To be out soon|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Date||
To be out soon
What is the fee for SSC CGL Application Form?
|Male (General/OBC)||Rs. 100/-|
|Female (All Categories)||No Fee|
What is SSC CGL Eligibility?
1. Educational Qualifications
Candidates should have a graduate degree on or before 01.08.2018. Candidates, those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A). Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
B). Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level
2. Age Limit
SSC has increased the age limit for SSC CGL recruitment, though the age varies from post to post. The minimum age limit defined for SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit criteria is 32 years.
Post Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||
Check Your Age Eligibility
Date of Birth
|Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
What is SSC CGL Salary?
SSC has categorized Posts on the basis of grade pay and cities. There are total 5 grade-pays in CGL Jobs which are 4800, 4600, 4200, 2800 and 2400. We have discussed in details for all Posts considering grade pay, work location, and salary in SSC CGL after 7th pay commission.
What is SSC CGL Selection Procedure?
SSC CGL is conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I: Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II: Online Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter/Application Writing)
- Tier -IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
After clearing the cut-off of Tier 1 exam, you will be eligible to appear for Tier 2 & Tier 3. Answer Sheet of SSC CGL Tier 3 will be evaluated for those candidates who will qualify SSC CGL Tier 2 Cut-off. Tier 4 exam (Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test) is applicable to some specific posts only. The Tier 3 result is declared after both Tier 3 and Tier 4 have occurred.
The final result is declared after all the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 are conducted. Final merit list is prepared by considering marks of all the Tier (1, 2, 3). If you do not clear Tier 4 (Skill/Typing test) then you will be eligible for the posts which do not require the typing skills.
There are various Posts in SSC CGL 2018. While opting a job in CGL, you have to consider multiple factors, which are:
- Job Profile
- Job Location
- Work Pressure etc.
|Assistant Section Officer (CSS)||Clerical work such as completing files & making reports|
|Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission)||Desk job|
|Assistant Section Officer (Central Vigilance Commission)||Clerical work|
|Assistant Section Officer (Railway Ministry)||Clerical work but the position is above UDC|
|Assistant Section Officer (External Affairs)||Responsible work, a lot to learn and understand Indian diplomacy and how nations take up matters|
|Assistant Audit Officer (Under C & AG)||To perform the audit|
|Assistant Section Officer (AFHQ)||To assist the section officer (Indoor Job)|
|Assistant (Other Ministries)||File work|
|Inspector of Income Tax (CBDT)||Evaluating, documenting, processing IT records|
|Inspector (Central Excise) CBEC||Inspect, verify, process and maintain the taxes/returns filed by companies|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer) CBEC||Documentation and inspecting imported and exported goods|
|Inspector (Examiner) CBEC||Checking & verifying whether appropriate taxes are paid|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer (Department Of Revenue)||Investigating, preventing & arresting the frauds|
|Sub-Inspector (CBI)||Investigate anti-corruption|
|Inspector of Post (Dept. of Post)||Procuring & promoting business growth for post offices|
|Divisional Accountant (Under C & AG)||Chief accountant or financial advisor|
|Junior Statistical Officer (Statistics)||Data Collection, Data Compilation, Data Processing|
What are the total Vacancies released for SSC CGL?
This time, SSC has not released the Vacancies of SSC CGL in 2018. The commission will soon announce the vacancy details on its official site. You can take a look at the tentative group-wise vacancy details below:
Group of Posts Wise Vacancies
Tentative vacancy for SSC CGL 2017
Post Preference in SSC CGL 2018
How to Apply for SSC CGL Exam Online Form?
To apply the application form for SSC CGL exam through the online mode, you must follow the steps below:
- Register on the official website of SSC CGL through a valid email ID.
- Payment required through the online process (Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Wallets).
- Only the valid information should be filled.
- You must download a copy of scanned photograph & signature for future requirements.
- Click Submit button for application form submission.
- Now take the print out of the application form.
What is SSC Exam Syllabus & Pattern?
- Four sections (General Awareness, Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude) are asked in both Tier 1 and Tier 2. The syllabus of English section is different for Tier 1 and Tier 2, rest all the three sections are same for Tier 1 as well as for Tier 2.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is for 60 minutes containing 25 Questions each from General Awareness, Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude. Each correct answer will fetch you +2 marks and each wrong answer will give you -0.50 marks.
- In SSC CGL Tier 2, 4 papers are conducted from which Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory for all the aspirants who cleared Tier 1 exam. Paper 3 and Paper 4 are only for those candidates who filled up for the specific posts.
- Find here the detailed syllabus & exam pattern of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- Reasoning & General IntelligenceGeneral Mental Ability
– Alphabet Test, Analogy, Arithmetic Reasoning, Blood Relation, Classification, Coding-decoding, Distance direction test, Matrix, Logical Venn diagram, Missing NumberNon-Verbal Reasoning– Paper cutting & folding, Embedded figures, Figure formation & Analysis, Series, Cube & Dice, Mirror Image, Water Image, Pattern Completion, Counting of figures
- General AwarenessCurrent Affairs, Economy & Finance, Geography, History, Indian Polity & Constitution, Science & Technology, Static GK
- Quantitative AptitudeArithmetic-
Average, Boat & Stream, Compound & Simple Interest, LCM & HCF, Mixture & Alligation, Partnership, Percentages, Pipes & Cistern, Problem on Ages, Profit loss & Discount, Ration Proportion, Speed, time, and work and Time work & wagesAdvance Maths-
Geometry, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Trigonometry, Degree and Radian Measures, Histogram, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon and Bar diagram & Pie chart
Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Voices and Narrations, Para jumblesVocabulary– One-word substitution, Idioms & Phrases, Spelling Errors, Antonym/Synonym
Reading Comprehension– Passage and Cloze test.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- Quantitative AbilityArithmetic-
Ration Proportion, LCM & HCF, Percentages, Boat & Stream, Speed, time, and distance, Partnership, CI & SI, Pipes & Cistern, Problem on Ages, Time & Work, Average, Mixture & Allegation and Profit loss & DiscountAdvance Maths- Geometry (Circles, Triangle, Quadrilateral etc.), Mensuration (Cube, Cylinder, Sphere, Pyramid etc.), Data Interpretation, Trigonometry, Height & Distance, Algebra and Co-ordinate Geometry
- English Language & ComprehensionGrammar-
Fill in the blanks, Active & Passive, Direct & Indirect, Error Spotting, Sentence Improvement and ParajumblesVocabulary- One-word substitution, Idioms & Phrases, Spelling Errors and Antonym/Synonym
Reading Comprehension- Passage and Cloze test
What is the official Cut Off?
|Category||SSC CGL Cut off 2017 Tier 1||SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 Tier 1||Cut Off 2015 Tier 1||Cut Off 2014 Tier 1|