JEE Main 2019 exam date & exam center allotment date has been released! JEE Main 2019 (I) exam is scheduled from 6th Jan to 20th Jan 2019. The online registration has been already closed on 30th Sep 2018. However, if you need some correction in JEE Main application form, you can do it online. JEE Main application correction link has been activated on the JEE Mains official https://jeemain.nic.in 14th Oct is the last date of application correction.
What is JEE Main Exam?
JEE Main is a national level competitive exam being conducted by NTA to provide admissions in undergraduate engineering programmes for B.E/B.Tech & B.Arch/B.Plan courses at NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs across India. This year, the MHRD ministry has issued a notice to conduct JEE Main twice in a year. Thus, the JEE Mains 2019 will take place in the month of January and April. The offline JEE Main exam will now take place in an Online mode in 3 Hours of exam duration. The good part is, aspirants can sit once or twice for the JEE Main exam.
New Changes in JEE Main 2019
- From 2019, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will be governing the JEE Mains exam which will happen twice in a year (January and April). NTA has taken over CBSE.
- The exam conducting authority will release the Mock tests for aspirants in the month of August so that they can practice for JEE Main exam at home or at the centres set up across India.
- The JEE Main exam will take place in various sessions and the total slots for which will be eight (both in January & April).
JEE Main 2019: Important Dates
Check out the important dates of JEE Main (I) and JEE Main (II) 2019 exam.
|Events||JEE Main (I) Dates||JEE Main (II) Dates|
|JEE Main Application Form Date 2018||1st Sept 2018||8th Feb 2019|
|Last Date for JEE Main Registration 2018||30th Sept 2018||7th Mar 2019|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction Date||10th Oct 2018|
|Last Date of JEE Main Application Correction||14th Oct 2018||–|
|Mock Test Release Date||August 2018||–|
|JEE Main Admit Card||17th Dec 2018||18th Mar 2019|
|JEE Main Exam Date 2019||6th Jan to 20th Jan 2019||6th Apr to 20th Apr 2019|
|JEE Main Result||31st Jan 2019||30th Apr 2019|
|Paper||Subjects||Mode of Exam||Exam Timing|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Paper 1 |
|CBT||09.30 AM |
|02.30 PM |
|Paper 2 |
(For B. Arch/B. Planning) (to be attempted in one setting)
|CBT||Will be held in one shift only|
|Drawing Test |
|Pen & Paper (offline)|
JEE Main Login
To register for JEE Mains you have to create your JEE Main login account. This JEE Main login will be required to submit your application form, form correction, admit card download, answer key download and for JEE Main result. If you misplace your JEE Main login details, you can retrieve it back by following the option – “Forget Password”. You will receive an email with the link to reset your JEE Mains login password.
JEE Main Registration
JEE Main 2019 application form has been closed on 30 September 2018.
How to fill JEE Mains Application Form
- You must have a valid admit card
- Authenticate your Aadhar card details
- Submit your personal details, academic and contact details
- After submitting your details, you have to now verify your mobile number and email address
- Now submit the scanned copy of the required documents
- Now pay the exam fee either online or offline
- Take out the printout of your Acknowledgement Slip for future use.
To pay through offline mode, just download the e-challan and deposit the fees to the nearest Syndicate Bank/ICICI Bank/Canara Bank. For online mode, use Debit Card or Credit Card of HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank or Syndicate Bank (PAYTM/SBI Buddy Wallet/Cash Cards).
Aspirants must check the eligibility criteria before applying for JEE Mains 2019. Make sure you match the requirements mentioned below to appear for JEE Main exam.
1. Age Limit
- The candidate should be born on or after October 1, 1994
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST & PWD have been given a relaxation of total 5 years
2. Educational Qualification
- Candidate willing to apply for JEE Main must have passed 12th class in the year 2017 or 2018 or must be appearing in 2019.
3. Qualifying Marks of Class 12th
- For admissions to IITs/NITs/CFTIs, applicants must have minimum 75% marks in class 12th. For SC/ ST candidates, it is 65%.
- For B.Arch/ B.Planning, applicants must have minimum 50% marks (in total) in 5 subjects.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 75% in the qualifying examination or should be in the top 20 percentile of students appearing the examination of their respective boards.
4. Number of Subjects in Qualifying Exam
There should be five subjects, which are:
- Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject
5. Number of Attempts
As per the JEE Main Eligibility rules, the candidate can appear only three (3) times for the exam. It means the JEE Main applicants can only try their luck by giving the exam three times only. This is applicable for both droppers & freshers.
6. JEE Mains Reservation – SC, ST, OBC, PWD
|OBC if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|PwD with 40% or more disability||3% Horizontal|
7. Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
The eligibility of the Droppers will remain the same. If the dropper has appeared for JEE Mains exam earlier, then the number of attempts will get reduced. Also, the candidate should have passed class 12th in the year 2017 or 2018. Rest, you can refer to the above mentioned JEE Main Eligibility 2019.
JEE Main Syllabus
It is important to understand the exam pattern beforehand. The Paper I will take place in online mode while Paper II will take place in offline mode. The total time duration is 3 hours. Please note that for every wrong answer, one (1) mark will be deducted. We have mentioned below the exam pattern for Paper I and Paper II separately.
1. JEE Mains Paper I Exam Pattern (Online)
|Subjects||No. of Qs.||Marks||Total Time|
2. JEE Mains Paper II Exam Pattern (Offline)
|Subjects||No. of Qs.||Marks||Total Time|
JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates with successful registration will be able to download the JEE Main admit card for 1st session tentatively from 17th December 2018. Note that the link for downloading the admit card will be activated on the official site of NTA. Check the following important steps:
How to Download the Admit Card of JEE Mains 2018?
- Visit the official site of NTA
- Click on the link of admit card page
- Enter your valid application number, DOB & security pin
- Enter “Submit”
- Print out your JEE Main admit card 2019 for future use.
If you are confused about the books to refer for JEE Main preparation, they should follow the list of books given below:
1. Physics Books
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
2. Chemistry Books
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
3. Mathematics Books
- Maths NCERT for 11th & 12th
- Trigonometry by S. L. Loney
- Co-ordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
The JEE Main result date 2019 is out officially by NTA. You can check JEE Main 2019 result for JEE Main I on 31st January 2019. JEE Main II will be out on 30th April 2019.