IBPS PO Bank Preferences 2020: Participating Bank List
The list of 17 participating banks in the IBPS PO 2020 recruitment process is:
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
How to fill Bank Preference in IBPS PO 2020?
Many aspirants are in a state of confusion regarding how they should fill the bank preference in the IBPS PO 2020 application form. Here are some important suggestions, that will help you make a well-organized preference list and eventually clear your confusion in this regard.
- Before you fill out the form, first decide what is your job priority?
- If you are a lady aspirant and wish to go for a home posting, then try to give preference to the bank which has the maximum number of branches in your state.
- If you are North or South Indian and want to get posted in the vicinity of your home town then give preference to the banks which have headquarters near your state or have maximum branches in your state.
- Before making your final list keep in your mind that after final selection you have to serve the particular bank for a long time.
- Area/ Location & Headquarters:
- The location and area of the headquarters of the banks and their branches are the vital criteria and must be taken into consideration when filling up the bank preferences in the IBPS PO 2020 Exam.
- If you want to get your postings in some specific areas or regions of the country then you have to check where the headquarters of the banks are located.
- It will give you an idea regarding your future postings.
To give you a clear idea about the Headquarters of the participating Banks we have listed the HQ in the following list:
|City||Banks with their headquarters|
|Mumbai||Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Union Bank of India|
|Delhi||Punjab National Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Chennai||Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank|
|Pune||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Vadodara||Bank of Baroda|
- Information about the Participating Banks:
To help you make a well-informed decision, we have shared some basic information about the participating banks below. Hope this helps!
|Sr. No.||Banks||Basic Information|
|1||Bank of India||
|3||Bank of Maharashtra||
|4||Punjab and Sind Bank||
|5||Punjab National Bank||
|7||Union Bank of India||
|9||Central Bank of India||
|10||Bank of Baroda||
|11||Indian Overseas Bank||
- Location Preference & Transfer Policy:
- Different banks have different transfer policies from one location to another, during the course of employment.
- Also, some banks may consider your preferences for location, while others may ask you to work in the different corner of the country.
- You must go through the transfer policies of the banks you are interested in to make a preference list and work out what which bank is best for you.
- Go with your personal choice:
- Your personal choice is the utmost important while choosing the bank preference in the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
- For instance, if personally prefer a bank over others than put that bank at the top while keeping the banks that you want to avoid in the bottom of the list.
- Most of the PSU Banks (under IBPS) has alike salary structure and also follow a similar progression policy. So, research for your dream bank in order to decide which bank is good for you and.
Note: During the initial years of posting, you will be posted at several locations for training. You will get a final posting only after you have completed your probation period.