Here I am recommending some of the GATE Electronics & Communication (EC) preparation books based on following metrics:
2. Offering easy to understand concepts
3. Popularity of the book
4. Toppers recommended books
The following books are recommended for preparation of GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC).
- Book Name: Microelectronic Circuits : Theory and Applications, Author’s Name: Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith, Edition: 6
- Book Name: Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, Author’s Name: Charles K. Alexander , Matthew N. O. Sadiku, Edition: 5
- Book Name: Automatic Control Systems, Author’s Name: Benjamin C. Kuo, Edition: 9
Signals & Systems
- Book Name: Signals & Systems, Author’s Name: Alan V. Oppenheim , Alan S.Willsky , S.Hamid Nawab, Edition: 2
This is an effective book on Signals and Systems and all concepts are presented in attractive manner and deeply explained. A lot of examples are added to clarify the methods and concepts. Important GATE topics for this subject are: Convolution, Fourier transform, Z- transform.
- B.P. Lathi and Simon Haykin.
- Digital Design by Morris Mano
- Principle of Electromagnetic by Sadiku (Probably the best book on EM theory with plenty examples)
- Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S Grewal