Company: Altair Engineering
Altair Engineering is an American product design and development, engineering software and cloud computing software company. Altair was founded by James R Scapa, George Christ, and Mark Kistner in 1985
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA, with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Altair Engineering is a leading global product design, consulting, and commercial software product company.
Position: Trainee – Data Science
Stipend: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Education: Bachelors/Masters or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
Job Description: Altair is looking for building a highly-motivated and energetic Data Scientist Trainees capable of working autonomously. The position is based in Bangalore.
As a DataScientist Trainee/ Intern, you will be doing the following in BFSI (Banking and Finance) or Engineering/ Manufacturing domain.
- Part of discovery processes with key stakeholders to identify the problem definition at a technical level based on business requirements and define business-specific performance metrics.
- Develop domain knowledge needed for a given project.
- Dive into mining extensive data. Conduct comprehensive data analysis.
- Work with the larger project team to produce fast prototypes or proof-of-concept demos
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences and various KPI’s
- Test & implement various predictive models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Communicate project status and results to technical and non-technical audiences.