Company: Tata Communications Ltd
Tata Communications is a global company with its roots in the emerging markets. Headquartered in Mumbai and Singapore, it has more than 8,000 employees across 38 countries.
The $3.2 billion company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and is the flagship telecoms arm of the $103.3 billion Tata group.
Positions: Jr. Team Member – Project Planning & Implementation
Experience: 0 – 2 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Chennai
Education: BE/ B.Tech – CSE/ EEE/ ECE/ Telecom
- Drive implementation of projects related to the installation of Wireless, IP services, ATM deployment, etc. project as per PMP guidelines.
- Conduct site visits for identification, evaluation, and assessment of field conditions in order to evaluate the feasibility of installation project and specified design or business generation parameters.
- Plan and coordinate site preparation for readiness related to ramp-up of resources and infrastructure (i.e. power, construction, backhaul, colocation, etc.)
- Monitor progress of site deployment through a detailed activity plan for each site. Liaise with relevant teams to discuss service impacting event schedules to seek sign off.
- Conduct site audits from time to time and ensures compliance including site commercial terms with respective sites/parties.
- Analyze field conditions against design parameters and resolve escalated issues if any.
- Interact with vendors, construction contractors, logistics firms, Govt. authorities as appropriate to get required permits for deployment/installation. Arrange for inspections with required authorities.
- Conduct installation in case of standard and intermediate projects or monitor installation by the vendor for complex projects.
- Design the route network for relevant projects, perform options analysis, and plan the roll-out of networks (e.g. LMSD, NLD, MAN) build outs within allocated capex and required timelines as defined by the business team.
- Prepare HLD (high-level design) document based on MRD submitted by the business. Recommend efficient connectivity using existing networks and build on the existing networks.
- Track movement of resources, installation, equipment testing, and verification by the NOC team.
- Conduct configuration as per Engineering plan design and run standard acceptance tests and stability tests as per defined parameters in test sheets.