Company: GKN Aerospace India
GKN is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by road or air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. Founded more than 250 years ago, we have adapted, developed and grown into a £9.4 billion business at the forefront of global technology.
GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy. Approximately 58,000 people work in GKN companies and joint ventures in more than 30 countries.
Positions: Graduate Engineer Trainee/ Post Graduate Engineer Trainee
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Education: BE/ B.Tech Equivalent or Higher qualification, preferably within Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace/ Production/ Industrial Engineering, from reputed institutes/universities.
Engineers with strong fundamentals in the field of solid mechanics, finite element method, fatigue and fracture. The Graduate Engineer Trainee at GKN Aerospace India will belong to the organization in India and report to the product managers supporting either Aero-engines or Aero-structures business within GAI.
He or She will support product development activities by performing manufacturing engineering and process planning activities of Aerospace Components. The execution will mostly be in accordance with established methods, tools and aerospace standards such as APQP & PPAP. However, the engineer would also have opportunities to contribute to internal process improvement activities and driving new technology.
- Fundamental understanding about the manufacturing engineering and processes.
- Awareness of APQP, PPAP, FAI, and Problem solving process is an added advantage.
- Strong drives to develop, validate, present and implement new methods, tools and the theories on which they are based.
- Basic CAD software skills in CATIA or NX
- Should be willing to travel occasionally to work at various other GKN locations.
- Good skills with MS word, Excel and MS PowerPoint