A Solutions Architect is designing a mobile application that will capture receipt images to track expenses. The Architect wants to store the images on Amazon S3.
However, uploading images through the web server will create too much traffic.
What is the MOST efficient method to store images from a mobile application on Amazon S3?
- A. Upload directly to S3 using a pre-signed URL.
- B. Upload to a second bucket, and have a Lambda event copy the image to the primary bucket.
- C. Upload to a separate Auto Scaling group of servers behind an ELB Classic Load Balancer, and have them write to the Amazon S3 bucket.
- D. Expand the web server fleet with Spot Instances to provide the resources to handle the images.
A company requires that the source, destination, and protocol of all IP packets be recorded when traversing a private subnet.
What is the MOST secure and reliable method of accomplishing this goal.
- A. Create VPC flow logs on the subnet.
- B. Enable source destination check on private Amazon EC2 instances.
- C. Enable AWS CloudTrail logging and specify an Amazon S3 bucket for storing log files.
- D. Create an Amazon CloudWatch log to capture packet information.
A Solutions Architect has a multi-layer application running in Amazon VPC. The application has an ELB Classic Load Balancer as the front end in a public subnet, and an Amazon EC2-based reverse proxy that performs content-based routing to two backend Amazon EC2 instances hosted in a private subnet. The Architect sees tremendous traffic growth and is concerned that the reverse proxy and current backend set up will be insufficient.
Which actions should the Architect take to achieve a cost-effective solution that ensures the application automatically scales to meet traffic demand? (Select two.)
- A. Replace the Amazon EC2 reverse proxy with an ELB internal Classic Load Balancer.
- B. Add Auto Scaling to the Amazon EC2 backend fleet.
- C. Add Auto Scaling to the Amazon EC2 reverse proxy layer.
- D. Use t2 burstable instance types for the backend fleet.
- E. Replace both the frontend and reverse proxy layers with an ELB Application Load Balancer.
A company is launching a marketing campaign on their website tomorrow and expects a significant increase in traffic. The website is designed as multi-tiered web architecture, and the increase in traffic could potentially overwhelm the current design.
What should a Solutions Architect do to minimize the effects from a potential failure in one or more of the tiers?
- A. Migrate the database to Amazon RDS.
- B. Set up DNS failover to a statistic website.
- C. Use Auto Scaling to keep up with the demand.
- D. Use both a SQL and a NoSQL database in the design.
A web application experiences high compute costs due to serving a high amount of static web content.
How should the web server architecture be designed to be the MOST cost-efficient?
- A. Create an Auto Scaling group to scale out based on average CPU usage.
- B. Create an Amazon CloudFront distribution to pull static content from an Amazon S3 bucket.
- C. Leverage Reserved Instances to add additional capacity at a significantly lower price.
- D. Create a multi-region deployment using an Amazon Route 53 geolocation routing policy.
A Solutions Architect plans to migrate NAT instances to NAT gateway. The Architect has NAT instances with scripts to manage high availability.
What is the MOST efficient method to achieve similar high availability with NAT gateway?
- A. Remove source/destination check on NAT instances.
- B. Launch a NAT gateway in each Availability Zone.
- C. Use a mix of NAT instances and NAT gateway.
- D. Add an ELB Application Load Balancer in front of NAT gateway.
A Solutions Architect is designing a solution to store a large quantity of event data in Amazon S3. The Architect anticipates that the workload will consistently exceed 100 requests each second.
What should the Architect do in Amazon S3 to optimize performance?
- A. Randomize a key name prefix.
- B. Store the event data in separate buckets.
- C. Randomize the key name suffix.
- D. Use Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
A user is testing a new service that receives location updates from 3,600 rental cars every hour.
Which service will collect data and automatically scale to accommodate production workload?
- A. Amazon EC2
- B. Amazon Kinesis Firehose
- C. Amazon EBS
- D. Amazon API Gateway
A Solutions Architect is designing a web application. The web and application tiers need to access the Internet, but they cannot be accessed from the Internet.
Which of the following steps is required?
- A. Attach an Elastic IP address to each Amazon EC2 instance and add a route from the private subnet to the public subnet.
- B. Launch a NAT gateway in the public subnet and add a route to it from the private subnet.
- C. Launch Amazon EC2 instances in the public subnet and change the security group to allow outbound traffic on port 80.
- D. Launch a NAT gateway in the private subnet and deploy a NAT instance in the private subnet.
An application stack includes an Elastic Load Balancer in a public subnet, a fleet of Amazon EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group, and an Amazon RDS
MySQL cluster. Users connect to the application from the Internet. The application servers and database must be secure.
How should a Solutions Architect perform this task?
- A. Create a private subnet for the Amazon EC2 instances and a public subnet for the Amazon RDS cluster.
- B. Create a private subnet for the Amazon EC2 instances and a private subnet for the Amazon RDS cluster.
- C. Create a public subnet for the Amazon EC2 instances and a private subnet for the Amazon RDS cluster.
- D. Create a public subnet for the Amazon EC2 instances and a public subnet for the Amazon RDS cluster.
A Solutions Architect is designing a solution for a media company that will stream large amounts of data from an Amazon EC2 instance. The data streams are typically large and sequential, and must be able to support up to 500 MB/s.
Which storage type will meet the performance requirements of this application?
- A. EBS Provisioned IOPS SSD
- B. EBS General Purpose SSD
- C. EBS Cold HDD
- D. EBS Throughput Optimized HDD
A legacy application running in premises requires a Solutions Architect to be able to open a firewall to allow access to several Amazon S3 buckets. The Architect has a VPN connection to AWS in place.
How should the Architect meet this requirement?
- A. Create an IAM role that allows access from the corporate network to Amazon S3.
- B. Configure a proxy on Amazon EC2 and use an Amazon S3 VPC endpoint.
- C. Use Amazon API Gateway to do IP whitelisting.
- D. Configure IP whitelisting on the customer’s gateway.
A Solutions Architect is designing a database solution that must support a high rate of random disk reads and writes. It must provide consistent performance, and requires long-term persistence.
Which storage solution BEST meets these requirements?
- A. An Amazon EBS Provisioned IOPS volume
- B. An Amazon EBS General Purpose volume
- C. An Amazon EBS Magnetic volume
- D. An Amazon EC2 Instance Store
A Solutions Architect is designing solution with AWS Lambda where different environments require different database passwords.
What should the Architect do to accomplish this in a secure and scalable way?
- A. Create a Lambda function for each individual environment.
- B. Use Amazon DynamoDB to store environmental variables.
- C. Use encrypted AWS Lambda environmental variables.
- D. Implement a dedicated Lambda function for distributing variables.
A news organization plans to migrate their 20 TB video archive to AWS. The files are rarely accessed, but when they are, a request is made in advance and a 3 to
5-hour retrieval time frame is acceptable. However, when there is a breaking news story, the editors require access to archived footage within minutes.
Which storage solution meets the needs of this organization while providing the LOWEST cost of storage?
- A. Store the archive in Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage.
- B. Store the archive in Amazon Glacier and use standard retrieval for all content.
- C. Store the archive in Amazon Glacier and pay the additional charge for expedited retrieval when needed.
- D. Store the archive in Amazon S3 with a lifecycle policy to move this to S3 Infrequent Access after 30 days.
A Solutions Architect is building a multi-tier website. The web servers will be in a public subnet, and the database servers will be in a private subnet. Only the web servers can be accessed from the Internet. The database servers must have Internet access for software updates.
Which solution meets the requirements?
- A. Assign Elastic IP addresses to the database instances.
- B. Allow Internet traffic on the private subnet through the network ACL.
- C. Use a NAT Gateway.
- D. Use an egress-only Internet Gateway.
A Solutions Architect is designing a Lambda function that calls an API to list all running Amazon RDS instances.
How should the request be authorized?
- A. Create an IAM access and secret key, and store it in the Lambda function.
- B. Create an IAM role to the Lambda function with permissions to list all Amazon RDS instances.
- C. Create an IAM role to Amazon RDS with permissions to list all Amazon RDS instances.
- D. Create an IAM access and secret key, and store it in an encrypted RDS database.
A Solutions Architect is building an application on AWS that will require 20,000 IOPS on a particular volume to support a media event. Once the event ends, the
IOPS need is no longer required. The marketing team asks the Architect to build the platform to optimize storage without incurring downtime.
How should the Architect design the platform to meet these requirements?
- A. Change the Amazon EC2 instant types.
- B. Change the EBS volume type to Provisioned IOPS.
- C. Stop the Amazon EC2 instance and provision IOPS for the EBS volume.
- D. Enable an API Gateway to change the endpoints for the Amazon EC2 instances.
A Solutions Architect is building a new feature using a Lambda to create metadata when a user uploads a picture to Amazon S3. All metadata must be indexed.
Which AWS service should the Architect use to store this metadata?
- A. Amazon S3
- B. Amazon DynamoDB
- C. Amazon Kinesis
- D. Amazon EFC
An interactive, dynamic website runs on Amazon EC2 instances in a single subnet behind an ELB Classic Load Balancer.
Which design changes will make the site more highly available?
- A. Move some Amazon EC2 instances to a subnet in a different way.
- B. Move the website to Amazon S3.
- C. Change the ELB to an Application Load Balancer.
- D. Move some Amazon EC2 instances to a subnet in the same Availability Zone.
Correct Answer: A