Company: ABB India Limited
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
Positions: Project Engineer
Job Location: Chennai
Salary: Best in Industry
Experience: Minimum 2 Years
Qualification: A Bachelors degree in engineering/ Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering.
- More than 2 years experience in HV products.
- Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
- Hands on experience in 3D tools like creo/pro-E, CAD.
- Knowledge of high voltage gas insulated switchgear (66kv and above).
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Preparing 3D modelling of high voltage capacitors and surge arrestors for various substation configurations.
- Generating BoM of modules and products and creating part numbers using SAP.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the 2D and 3D drawings before submitting the same to customers.
- Preparing guaranteed technical parameters for various high voltage equipment’s such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches.
- Addressing the technical queries raised by customer during execution of project in case if required.
- Supporting various cross functions like SCM, project management and quality for understanding the customer requirements and specifications in case if required.
- Supporting onsite installation and commissioning colleagues for understanding the customer drawings and other technical support.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.